Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Helping Zimbabwe

I've been asked to promote this website, the friendsofzim.com by a friend who writes

"I don't normally ask those I know to support a cause, but I cannot let
what is going on in Zimbabwe pass without doing something. I am saddened
and angered by the way people who just want the right to vote are being
attacked and intimidated. They shouldn't be ignored. That is why I have
gone to the website www.friendsofzim.com and made a donation. If you could
too then that would make a world of difference to people who have the
courage to fight for a better life. Will you give them your support too?"


I have made a donation, Iain Dale has more information about the website verifying its legitimacy. Only 3 years ago my local UK supermarket regularly stocked produce from Zimbabwe. I remember questioning this at the time... but today the country is decimated without enough food to feed themselves let alone export.

2 comments:

Worried said...

This email blast found its way to me as well.

I don't trust this individual to carry out an effective campaign to help Zimbabweans. Honestly, I don't even trust him to dispense the funds in a responsible fashion.

I think it's best to donate to a more established organization. Google can be of some help.

http://www.crisisgroup.org/home/index.cfm?id=3536&l=1

Vicky Ford said...

Thank you that is helpful...