Saturday, 3 May 2008

A Great Day


A great day Boris is mayor, the Conservatives have won not just locally but right across the country and my son's village football team have today topped the under 8 league. He deserves a picture on the blog.

To cap it all the cricket season has started. I was doing my annual duty preparing the teams quintisentially English Cricket Tea today. In fact the only downside of today was having to explain to the team that we have to increase the tea budget. Credit crunch hits cricket.

A lot of this week's election result has been due to the economic reality facing voters - whilst I celebrate great election victories with all my Conservative friends I know we would rather have a booming economy.

Conservative Councillors across the country and Boris will be facing the frontline difficulties of providing public services in a falling economy with falling revenues. It is tough.

2 comments:

John M Ward said...

I say! That tea budget thingy is just not cricket!

The boys look great, by the way -- really happy. Although I hated team sports when I was young, I suppose I do grudgingly admire kids who do well in this field -- okay, in that field where you pictured them :-)

Just for the record: my internal clock is just getting back to normal, after staying up most of Thursday night/Friday morning, until the early hours (winding down after the Boris victory) the following night, and participating on Iain Dale's trial of the ConHome live chat system the evening after that.

It has been quite a week!

a very public sociologist said...

"Conservative Councillors across the country and Boris will be facing the frontline difficulties of providing public services in a falling economy with falling revenues. It is tough."

Then what excuse do Conservative (and LibDems, and many Labour councillors come to think of it!) have for voting through packages cutting council jobs and rolling back local public services up and down the country when the economy was in a more robust shape? And just where do all these "savings" go?