Thursday, 27 September 2007

Update from Grantham and Stamford


I've been up in Grantham and Stamford quite a bit this week....Spending time meeting local people and listening to their issues.

At Grantham Hospital I spoke to members of staff. It is clear that the uncertainty has had a huge affect on morale. It's a great hospital. I saw where my sister-in-law had her first breast lump removed (she's now clear), where my nephew goes for his ENT appointments, and where the midwives cared for my niece.

As a local councillor I'm used to fighting the government for services in our rapidly growing towns. Grantham is planning to be a growth area. It is utter madness to be building thousands of new homes and then cut our most essential service.

3 comments:

Tony said...

The Wellingborough area is also set to have an additional 12,000+ homes built over the next 14 years. Yet with no hospital of our own and all this planned growth, there is a review starting into provision at Kettering, which I hear includes a proposal to close the A&E department. It is utter lunacy.

Man in a Shed said...

Good comment from the floor this morning (Mon 1 Oct). Well done.

We need to keep pointing out to the public what is really going on.

Ellee said...

I support what Tony says. I really like the Grantham and Stamford areas. I know you would make a great candidate, and a great MP. Good luck Vicky.