Tuesday, 20 March 2007

Post code con


Today I have renewed my car insurance. I also wanted to tell the insurance companies about the new postcodes that are being thrust upon us because of all the new homes in our area. I was given one quote - then I told the operator our new code - the operator told me the new postcode would cost me an additional £50 on my insurance.

Outraged I told them to leave my postcode unchanged on their records for this year.

I know that insurance companies give different quotes depending on crime and accident data in your area - but I haven't moved, crime and accidents haven't changed, so why am I suddenly a riskier customer? Presumably no bureaucrat has bothered to let insurance companies know the historic data for the new postcode zones and everyone will have to pay. Yet another hidden tax.

No comments: