Friday, 30 March 2007

Taking a break

We have just been given a very kind offer that doesn't come evey year! A friend has given me the key to a home in France that is unlet for next week.

Last year when we went on a family holiday to the Alps we caught the night train from Paris - I strongly recommend the whole experience and my 5 year old still counts it as his best ever journey. Sadly the big doc won't be able to get away from clinics to catch the train tomorrow. I've listened to Al Gore and don't want to burn up the planet so we're jumping in the car and driving overnight with the 3 children to the Alps instead. Has anyone got a carbon calculator - are we doing the right thing?

On the way back we will visit relatives in Paris and pick up two extra nieces for a spell in the English countryside before returning them via Eurostar to their French homes. I must go and pack.

5 comments:

Dr Michelle Tempest said...

Have a lovely time. Love Michelle

QUASAR9 said...

Hi Vicky, early Easter hol
Enjoy your break - bring some pics back.
Southern France in spring and Paris at night - ahh mon cherie!

simply wondered said...

dangerously eurocentric behaviour, v...

Ellee said...

How wonderful. I've been offered the use of a holiday home in Les Gets, I wonder if you are near there.

Vicky Ford said...

yes Ellee I was close to Les Gets - it's very beautiful both in the summer and the winter.