Friday, 1 December 2006

Steve Metcalfe for South Basildon and East Thurrock

We had a great evening. Steve Metcalfe, Essex born and bred and a hard working activist for the conservative party has been selected. It is really good that this key seat has a strong local voice fighting for it. Steve is a great guy, with a wonderful family and runs his own business. He will be a superb fighting MP. The sort of MP we need in westminster.

All the issues that people have spoken to me about in the past 10 days are ones that I care about. We must sort this country out. I will keep fighting - and Im now turning into such a blog addict that please keep being heard on this site.

4 comments:

melanie mclean said...

what an excellent blog and generous comment Vicky. Congratulations to Stephen, and good luck to you going forward.

Ellee said...

Hi Vicky, I worked with Aarron Powell during last year's election campaign and I must say the press in Basildon were the hardest to get behind us. They were totally behind Angela Smith and not the slightest bit interested in the Conservatives. Thurrock was more sympathetic, but he will have a big challenge on his hands in getting good covereage, it is essential he raises his profile with good, local campaigns. I wish him all the very best.

Good luck to you too.

I have just added you to my blogroll, btw.

Kevin Davis said...

Hi Vicky,

Good to welcome another blogging Conservative!

Cllr Emma Woods said...

Vicky
It was lovely to meet you and I wish you all the very best of luck for the future.
You WILL find a seat and WILL make a fab MP, and I'm sure that you will enjoy every moment of sitting on those green benches.

Regards

Emma

Cllr Emma Woods